Are Clinical Studies Safe?
By jaclynU in Clinical Research Studies
Are Clinical Studies Safe?
Clinical studies are an essential aspect of medical research and the progression of science. They give individuals the opportunity to earn extra money while also experiencing the latest technology and research for their condition. If you are interested in learning more about clinical studies and whether they are safe, knowing a few critical factors is important. Keep reading to learn more about clinical studies, why the facility matters, and how to get started in a clinical trial.
Understanding Clinical Studies
Clinical trials are research studies performed in people aimed at evaluating a medical, surgical, or behavioral intervention. They are the primary way that researchers find out if a new treatment, like a new drug or diet, or medical device (for example, a pacemaker) is safe and effective in people. Often a clinical trial is used to learn if a new treatment is more effective and/or has less harmful side effects than the standard treatment, according to the US Department of Health and Human Services. The FDA has to approve Phase 1 of the study to carry on and be tested on humans.
Why The Facility Matters
Finding a clinical study for your particular situation requires research and finding the right facility. Hope Clinical Research is a 5,000 square foot, modern facility equipped to handle a variety of studies. We feature:
- 10+ exam rooms
- Fully equipped CLIA laboratory
- On-site compounding pharmacy
- 24-hour video and security surveillance
- Dedicated space for PK and IP infusion
- 70C and -20C freezers and refrigerated centrifuges
- Fully integrated Clinical Trial Management System
- DEA temperature-controlled and secured IP storage
- Dedicated monitoring space with Wi-Fi and copy/fax services
- Accommodations for 24-hour and overnight stays
Our highly-trained research staff has conducted over 100 studies with more than 500 subjects. We have earned dozens of accolades from many top pharmaceutical companies and have worked with virtually every leading CRO, Sponsor, and IRB in the U.S. It is essential to find a facility such as our Canoga Park clinical trial facility to know you are in the hands of expert care.
How to Get Started
If you are interested in learning more about clinical studies, whether you could qualify, or just more about the process, we would love to hear from you. Signing up for a clinical trial is easy and simplified for your convenience. Just follow these three steps:
- Reach out to us. Simply fill out this form or give us a call at (844)-466-4673 to learn more about our process. There is absolutely no pressure or obligation, and you can withdraw at any time. Our caring doctors will be happy to answer all of your questions.
- Free medical evaluation. Come to our Canoga Park clinical study clinic for your free medical examination to determine whether you are eligible as a participant. You will be compensated for your time and travel whether you are chosen for the study or not.
- Participate. If you have passed the screening requirements, you will be invited to join the study.